The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Iachen ideas

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CharmedPluto
Devashroud Second in Command
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 pm

So the idea is a new RP that's in a Steampunk Corrupt Utopia, it's not an AU or related to Kolerin in anyway except possibly through reference.

Ideas Blueh and I have so far.

Artstyle/genre: Steampunk. The time period looks like the 1920s-1930s. Fossil Fuels aren't a thing, but Modern Tech is.

Powers: There will be powers but they have to revolve around the four elements [water fire earth and air] with a sort of Avatar limitation, as in you can only have one but having one gives all variations of that element (ie Water has Steam Ice and blood if one is skill enough, Earth has mud sand etc)

World: The world is a corrupt utopia. There is peace but the government of Iachen is corrupt as all get out, their neighboring country of Veshos is seen as the enemy due to wanting Iachen's territory. Most that see the corruption either leave to Brouvania, Iachen's ally or ignore it for personal gain.

Iachen: Constitutional Monarchy. Parliament is corrupt

Veshos: Direct Democracy (Basically America without the representatives)

Bruovania: Dictatorship if the Fuhrer wasn't a raging douchebag.

Characters/People: The people are divided usually by financial situation. The high class seem to have the most control, the middle class carry out the common tasks of everyday life and the low class are struggling just to survive let alone thrive. Of all these types of people, some of the most well known are Mercenaries, the men and women who will do just about anything for the right amount of money. Some are just, only accepting pay of causes they view as noble. Other are only in it for the pay

Ship classes

Dreadnoughts: The largest, sporting heavy armor, very powerful weapons. The downside? They're really slow.

Super Carriers: Carriers but on a much larger scale, sometimes used as mobile command centers other times as Flag Ships. They're more maneuverable than dreadnoughts but sport less armor and have less powerful weapons

Carriers: Fairly common for Upper Class Mercenaries to own, Carriers sport anything from multitudes of weapons to entire airfleets that are maintained aboard the ship below decks. They have really reliable speed and firepower but their armor tends to be a bit on the weak side. Carriers themselves typically don't engage in combat unless it's for long range support or the air crew has already cleared the way

Battleships: Making up the bulk of most airfleets Battleships are laced with armor and sacrifice speed for defense. Their weapons are designed for ship-to-ship combat and can range from cannons to boarding parties

Destroyers: The glass cannons of the shipping world, they pack a lot of fire power speed but one good shot and down they go.

Frigates: The smallest class of ship, Frigates usually are found playing support roles such as reconnaissance, communications, and mobile medical centers for pre battle and post battle circumstances. Frigates also encompass the Prowler Class ships, which are designed specifically for recon.

Plot ideas: Iachen corrupt government. Mercenaries are starting to find out about it and as a result are sent on suicide missions that are utterly pointless just so they can cover the corruption up.

Propaganda: With the relationship between Iachen and Veshos, Iachen wants Veshos' territory, yet Iachen twists it to make it seem like Veshos wants Iachen's territory. However, Veshos actually doesn't, and Iachen is using that mentality against Veshos in order for people to enlist in the military in order to fight against them to obtain their territory. Leads to a war between Veshos and Iachen. It is also a way for the Iachen government to exterminate rebellious mercenaries that are against the Iachen government

Last edited by CharmedPluto on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Save 1. Added governments
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Save 2: Added Ship classes, updates to Dreadnought soon to come.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:43 pm

What's the plotline? Or, more specifically, what are our potential characters going to be doing? Will they all be on a ship...? If so, what kind? Are they mercenaries...? You explained a lot of background information but not much else.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 pm

That's what I meant by "Still developing" XD We're still working on that.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Yeahhhhh, that's sort of the most important part... XD
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Which is why we're working really hard on it...and by that I mean all we have is a pointless government sanctioned suicide mission that is given to the people they suspect know of their corrupt nature. They want to be sure that word doesn't get out or they turn rebel and start a civil war etc. So far though that's all we've got...I should probably add this to my notes and the top post shouldn't I? XD
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Save 3: Added possible plot point.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 pm

I mean, not all characters will be mercenaries. Like, I kind of want to make a character that's involved in the Iachen Parliament, but is secretly a spy of some kind. I'm not sure who they would give the information to, but they would be an inside eye on what the hell goes on in there.

You can kind of go nuts with what your characters can do, but it would have to tie in with the mercenaries finding out about the corrupt government in some way. Iachen is still a little baby, and we still have a lot to figure out.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Do you have anything else? Because I don't have anything right now. But I'll let you know if I come up with anything. What do we really need still?
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Still got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 10:05 am

That doesn't answer Blueh's question. XD

We need a means of plot and how characters meet, especially since not all characters will be mercenaries. I imagine everyone already knows that the government is corrupt, if money = power. So, perhaps the government official Blueh was considering meets up with a band of mercenaries and asks for their help? He/she wants to expose all of the corruption and find a way to end it, but fears for her life. So the mercs keep her safe and on the move. Other characters are met during travels and jobs are used as side-plots, since the official is likely unable to access any of her money when she is considered guilty of treason. So they need cash and take jobs. I have some gypsy-esque characters they can meet while traveling, too.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 10:12 am

I can see how that would work... I was thinking of something like that for them. I really haven't developed their character at all, but I'll probably start working on them now if Pluto agrees to it. It could tie in Zephyr and his group of mercenaries, too, and other groups that can be developed.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Sounds like a good place to start. Apologies if my creativity has run dry, I've got a lot on my mind right now...
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:05 pm

It's okay. I've already started to make her character. ^^" Her parents were rebels, and she found out eventually. She agreed to help them, and kept it a secret, while studying politics in order to join the Iachen Parliament and feed them information. However, it will lead to them finding out about her parents and the group of rebels they are a part of, and leads to the suicide mission. Gabrielle will then go into hiding, and turn to a group of mercenaries, which I assume will be Zephyr's group.

The only thing about her is that I don't know how old she would be. But other than that, she's good to go.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Parliament members are usually older characters, like early to mid 30s if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:48 pm

*shrug* I'll probably make her around that age, then.

Now I imagine some people being like 'it can't be corrupt there's elections blah blah blah' and she's like 'no????' I don't know. But I would imagine there would be people that support Iachen's corrupt nature.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Yeah, especially if it gives them some sort of advantage, which is the whole idea.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Probably money or protection from the government. They would probably be the rich; ones that benefit from the economy and government the most.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:49 pm

*quietly puts this here* o3o" ... Pardon me while I get carried away. XD

Le Characters:

Tanwyn Kallias: A white-furred Egrecian cat with light green eyes and yellow-orange hair cut into a long bob with straight bangs across her forehead. She has curled sheep's horns on her head, curling behind her ears with the points near her cheekbones. Her legs are digitigrade, and her tial is long and thick with medium-short fur. Faint orange and blonde rosettes spot her back, thighs, shoulders, and upper arms, only to start fading towards her front and her extremities. She's in her early to mid twenties. A Fire elemental by birth and fortune teller by trade. Generally serious and mild-mannered, she is coldly calculating when angered and relentless in her attacks, be they verbal or physical. Maintains a frightening calm even when pissed off.

Aether Kallias: A white-furred Egrecian cat with the same physique as her sister, Tanwyn, digitigrade legs and all, though her hair is longer and usually tied back in a messy braid or some-such, with overgrown bangs that are left loose. Her eyes are pale blue instead of light green, the only clear difference between the sisters, aside from their hairstyles and personalities. Far more spontaneous jovial than her sister, Aether balances out the seriousness and calm with her high energy. An Air elemental by birth and dancer by trade. Seems to be a little younger than her sister, but at the same time they look like twins, so its hard to tell.

Thais: The sisters' wyvern, a creature only native to Egrecia. She is a big slate grey creature with black spines running along her back and silver eyes. Weighs about as much as your average elephant, with massive wings to hold her up in the air and a docile but protective nature. She tends to be decked out in all sorts of spangly outfits with tassels and bells, at least when she's on the job. Aether describes her as a "girly girl."

Lady Alabaster: The girls' Balloon Ship. (See below.) The ship has two large ivory-colored balloons holding it aloft.

Background on Le Characters:

Egrecia:
Their homeland! Both sisters hail from a tiny country located in a temperate mountain range that nobody else wanted because it was deemed as hazardous for living in, partially due to the wyverns that inhabit it. The people were mostly comprised of a predatory big cat and a species of mountain goats, which banded together and interbred to create the Egrecian cats known to us now. All Egrecian cats have sheep's horns and digitigrade legs-- the legs assist them in surviving on the steep mountain slopes, helping them to keep their balance and jump along rocks and walls with apparent ease. They are omnivores, and tend to be trained to use low-tech forms of weaponry like bow and arrows in order to hunt game on the steppes. These cats can tame the wyverns of their homeland and use them to help pull Egrecian Balloon Ships. Egrecians tend to be nomadic travelers in their youth, who return to their homeland when they are ready to settle down, if they ever do.

Wyverns: Essentially dragons, but not quite. Wyverns don't breathe fire, don't live to be thousands of years old, aren't magical or anything, and they're only about as intelligent as a really good dog. They don't have "forelegs," rather with large folded-up wings that they fly with. They can walk by standing on the "knuckle" of their wings and using them like legs. Can grow to be as large as elephants in mass, though they of course appear much leaner and longer, with the long necks and tails, and surprisingly elegant faces that appear almost canine. Just, scaly and with a lot more teeth. They do have small, triangular ears, but they are scaled like the rest of the wyvern's body, and are often mistaken as spines on the head, though they do move with expressions just like cat or dog ears.

Egrecian Balloon Ships: The weirdest-looking airships you'll ever see. The bodies of these ships tend to look like boats, constructed of wood and sometimes plated with metal, but instead of sails, these ships have any number of gigantic balloons attached to them, held on by rigging often composed of rope or chain nets. They usually have just two giant balloons, which are kept filled with hot air by the aid of Fire elementals and steered using an old-fashioned wheel in the cabin that turns giant rudders in the back. Can be left to just blow in the wind, or if the travelers are serious about getting somewhere specific in time, a wyvern can be used to pull it in the right direction.

Who the Sisters Are:
The Kallias sisters are a pair of traveling performers who travel all across Iachen to attend various festivals, carnivals, and celebrations. Tanwyn is a fortune teller who uses everything from tarot cards, tea leaves, and palm readings. Aether is a dancer whose performances are often boosted using her Air powers, making the flowing ribbons she holds on stage flare around just the way she wants them to (and maybe she gives her hair some special effects, but she'll never admit to it!). Both sisters know how to play varying types of instruments and may or may not be able to sing. They also possess a family heirloom from their father, a classic carnival ride. It's essentially a steam-powered Tilt-A-Whirl. (A giant circular platform with little pods on top of it. People sit in the pods, which spin independently when you turn a wheel to make it go faster or slower, while the entire ride also spins and rocks the pods up and down little waves hills.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm

...And I thought I had a lot for my characters. o7o' Damn. XD
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Seeing as the premise for Steam Punk Airships are isually Zepplins and Hot Air Ballons, the ship's design isnt surprising aside from the lack of engines. Haven't heard of what essentially amounts to a horse-drawn Airship so I kinda like that.

I did mention Avatar as inspiration  so I'll let the Wyvern's slide too.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Well, why the hell not? o3o"?
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Me likes so me accepts this idea. Blueh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iachen ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iachen ideas   Iachen ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iachen ideas
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next