The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Oh mai... This is new...(2)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueleaf
Devashroud Second in Command
Blueleaf

Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 pm

(Yes! o7o It's by Michael Grant. <3) 

Watching Chase, the bat was silent, but still ultimately confused. Changes...? The bat inwardly winced along with Chase, though, as the canine gave into the pain all over. Sorry... However, when Quinn spoke up, Roy turned from where he sat and looked at her, silent as he took the entire thing in..... "You know, Kueen, I would be offended eef zat deedn't make sense. I appreceeate zat, buht you all know I 'ate not being able to 'elp." Roy also would have felt offended people were doing things behind his back, like the school idea, but he had to admit it was a great idea. 

However, when Marie let that slip, Roy's eyes narrowed a little, especially when Quinn acted that way. Mother of Aurora, what the hell did EJ do now?! Saying in a calm voice, even though his eyes said otherwise, he asked the two healers, "Do you mind explaneeng whaht else you've done be'ind my back?"
Back to top Go down
Silcat
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm

"I moved out." she answered. She didn't want to tell Sasha why since she was kind of touchy and sensitive about it.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Chase couldn't look at anyone as he sat there, tempted to haul his ass out of bed and try to leave. His overgrown blonde hair was in his eyes, making it nearly impossible to try to read the expression on his face.

Keeping calm, Quinn sat in a chair and faced Roy as he sat on Chase's bed with him. The hedgehog then began to explain, "We haven't done anything, it's all just talk.. well, aside from the little favor we asked of EJ." She cringed a little, then started up again, "The adults are all talking about some ideas to make life easier for everyone has a whole... Like starting a school, training more healers and engineers, and the big one... Choosing more leaders. Your parents and Chase's sister both express concern for you, and I hate seeing my little Elliot working as hard as he does too. So we thought we should create a Council of leaders, instead of you and Chase struggling like you do. We planned on bringing it up with you once you were feeling better, but it seems a few people are cracking under the pressure..."

Chase was still quiet.

Marie fiddled with her sweater, biting her lip, "We haven't acted, like she said. Just talked about possibilities. Ruthie likes the idea..."
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Roy's expression was hard to read as he just listened to Quinn. Of course he got that they needed more healers and engineers and the such, but that wasn't his bigger, more personal, objection to all of this, "Okay, I get ze idea zat you don't all wahnt me to drop dead at twenty or so," he said, before continuing, "and I get zat. A council sounds like a great idea. Buht, do you mind backeeng up a leettle and telleeng me about Ezhay and Neeck?" The bat was a little unnerved by how quiet Chase was, especially since he couldn't read the canon e's expression.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:34 pm

"Well... We had to ask his help. We had no choice..." Quinn began, then heaved a sigh and glared at Roy, "I won't let you patronize me over this, I feel bad enough as it is. We had to ask EJ to help us surgically remove Nick's prosthetic hand, and he did without question. We observed so we know more about the process should something like this happen again, but we are doctors, not engineers... There just wasn't any other way."
Back to top Go down
Silcat
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:40 pm

(I will be back at 8:00 my time.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Again, Roy fell silent as he just listened to Quinn and let everything sink in. Of course he knew about Nick-- it wasn't hard for him to not know. The fox was also a fellow left-hander, as pointless as that really was. He just heaved a sigh, "Alright, fine, I get eet, buht eet doesn't mean I'm 'appy wiz eet. And let me guess. You deedn't wahnt to tell me zat because I would get pissed off.... Buht eet would 'ave come around to me soonair or latair..." He didn't even want to talk about it right now. He was having mixed feelings about it, and was just concerned about how EJ was doing after looking into some guys arm for Aurora knew how long!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

(Okay Sil. See you then maybe! ^^" )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

(Ok Sil!)

"You were down with a fever, Roy! And it's not like you're EJ's parent!" Quinn retorted, getting as upset as he was over the ordeal, "Do you have any idea how terrible it is as his foster mother to have him do that? To watch him as he did? I very nearly suggested amputating what that boy has left of an arm just so my baby boy wouldn't have to be in that operating room, but I knew that wasn't what EJ would want! So we both just dealt with it for the sake of someone who needed our help." The hedgehog was struggling to keep her voice down, unable to help but raise it a little. Her fists were clenched as she added in a very quiet tone, "Don't you dare forget who it was that raised you and little EJ... We are the ones who should he taking care of you, and it's high time we started doing that..."
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Roy didn't expect Quinn to snap and retort to him like that, so he fell silent, almost afraid to speak. His ears were angled back, almost guiltily, as he looked up at the foster mother. Okay, she has a point... But I care for him, too... But I'm not a little kid anymore. The bat put his hands up slowly, in mock surrender, his eyes a little wide, before slowly lowering them and saying, "Alright, alright... I know... I know..." He didn't want to upset her anymore than she was already, and it was evident in the way his voice went quiet. He was really thankful for what Quinn and Wright did for him and Rachel over a year ago. He would never forget it.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Calming down again, Quinn took a deep breath an let it out slowly. Then she rose to her feet, "Alright... We can arrange a meeting to discuss your thoughts on our ideas, but for now we should focus on our families." She looked over at Marie, "I'm taking a short break... I need to be with my daughter for a little while..."

Chase was still quiet, though he seemed less tense. He asked tiredly, "If you see Sasha, can you send her here...?"

Pausing, she looked over her shoulder at him and nodded, "Of course. You should be resting now... And Roy..." She turned her gaze back to the bat, her eyes softening, "Take it easy on EJ. He had a rough time of it with the surgery as it is... But he'll be happy to see you."
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Roy watched Quinn calm down, and was thankful that she did, before watching her get up. The bat didn't really know what to do with himself, as he didn't expect this all to happen, as he just originally wanted to visit Chase, but duty calls. Well, maybe not so much anymore, not that Roy complained much, "I-I know.... I weell....." He ended up saying to Quinn, before asking, "Do you know where 'e ees at all...?" Roy needed to see him, just to tell himself that the cat was okay enough. Roy wouldn't say anything about the surgery, even though he was still kind of pissed, as he had a right to be worried, but it already happened.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

"He and Rachel went out for a while earlier, but should be coming back in soon. If they're still out, they'll probably be in the trees out in the fields," Quinn replied, then suggested, "Stay with Chase a bit longer until we hunt his sister down... he's really in no shape to be on his own, and by the time Sasha is here, Rachel and EJ should be back from their walk."

Chase didn't argue with that idea, feeling flimsy at the moment. He really needed his sister at the moment, not that anyone here would understand that-- most people thought Sasha was selfish and rude, not exactly the type to comfort her brother. But she comforted him more than anyone else had so far... she just tended to wait until they were alone before she went all cuddly with him, and showed her gentle side. Long gone were the days when the siblings would knock each other around.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

"Alright...." Roy didn't really complain that he should stay with Chase longer, as he just wanted to do that in the first place. He also didn't say anything about Sasha-- he didn't like the canine, sure, but he could deal with her, especially when she was helping Chase....somehow.... Ignoring that thought, Roy watched Quinn off, before turning back to Chase again, "....'ow long 'ad zat been goeeng on?" Of course he wanted to know more about that entire thing, but if Chase wasn't in the best shape to answer, he wouldn't pry for details and make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Chase heaved a sigh, "Not too long... we started thinking about it a little when we first moved here, but then both you and I wound up worse for wear. We realized having two leaders just wasn't good enough for the group as a whole, and thinking about just how bad this has been on you..." He looked like he was going to cry again at the mere thought of it, but stopped himself, "It's bad enough you're involved in this war, without you needing to worry about everyone else. Of course you'll be allowed to be on the Council if we make one, but there will be plenty of other people in charge."

He rubbed at his shoulder a little, fighting the temptation to curl up in a little ball.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 pm

"Chase, even eef I nevair left 'ome een ze first place and ze war 'append, I would 'ave gone to 'elp ezair way eef zere was a reseestance group. You know zat.... Buht I get eet. I nevair wanted zis powair, and I'm for ze council idea.... Buht I will always 'elp." Roy heaved a sigh, for a second lost in his own memories. The pain in his wing when he lost it was excruciating... He could barely remember Sue grabbing both him and his father, rushing them to the infirmary. He would never forget that. Occasionally, it would come back to haunt him in his sleep, or just by looking at EJ's prosthetic.... It was a lot to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 pm

"Just... focus on you and your family for a little while. Learn to live again... that's all we want..." Chase sighed, looking up at him, "At least, it's what I want..." He reached over to grasp the young bat's hand, squeezing his fingers, "I want you and Rachel to enjoy what's left of your youth... you might be eighteen, but you're still not necessarily adults. Just take a breather, okay?"

Meanwhile, someone was bringing Sasha back, having hunted her down. The canine poked her head into Chase's room, and frowned a little at the sight of Roy, "Oh... hi... I was told Chase needed me. You didn't upset him, did you, brat?"

"No, no, it's alright, Sasha..." Chase assured her, relaxing more when his sister arrived. He leaned back against his pillows as she walked over to sit on the opposite side of the bed than Roy, only tolerating being that close to the bat because she wanted to be with her brother. Sasha gently held onto her brother's arm, while Chase turned his attention back to Roy for a moment, "Thanks... for coming to see me and for understanding... I'm glad you're feeling better." He smiled a bit, "Now go hunt down your sister and the little guy, I can tell you really want to. I'll be alright, now that Sash is here."
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Roy was snapped from his thoughts when Chase grabbed his hand and squeezed his fingers-- he looked up, his ears angled back a little. He really should.... But it was hard. To be honest, there wasn't that much left of Roy's youth... Especially here. There was still a war to be fought.... Stop thinking that. Just....focus on Laura and Rachel and them. Just, for once in the past two years, relax.... Kind of. The adults will help you. "I'll try.... Buht zere's not a lot of my youz I can really 'old onto.... Buht I'll try." 

Roy looked away from Chase when he heard Sasha enter; his eyes angled down a little, and he didn't say anything, but he was very close to retorting something. However, when Chase relaxed like that, Roy forced himself to let his guard down, "You know, I couldn't not come to see you.... Even eef I was still seeck, wheech I am a leettle, I would 'ave come anyway.... Buht zanks for being zere for me." The bat broke out into a small smile, "I'll come by latair aftair I find zem, alright?" Bidding goodbye to Chase (and a rather halfhearted one to Sasha), Roy left the infirmary in search for Rachel and EJ-- he told Laura about that, who didn't have much of a problem with it. He needed some fresh air quite badly.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Laura let Roy go without her, though it made her heart ache a little. The marten decided to go find her own sister, deciding there wasn't anyone else she would rather be with, other than Roy himself.

Meanwhile, like Quinn predicted, EJ and Rachel were on their way back from their outing. The small cat was holding Rachel's hand as they walked together, and he had his shirt on again since it would feel awkward to carry it, especially with other people around. He was in a very good mood after spending some quality time with Rachel, and purred faintly as they made their way home-- well, more like straight into Roy, who was the last person he expected to see; last he heard, the bat was still in bed with a fever, not up and about.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Roy let out a breath once he got outside, and squinted a little from the bright contrast between the Safekeep and the outdoors. The sun was warm on his dark fur, and he let his shoulders slump a little. Agh.... They were still really sore, and it really hurt, but that wasn't really his concern right now-- spotting EJ with Rachel was right on top of his list, "Ezhay! Rachel!" He still wasn't feeling completely one hundred percent, but better than he had been in days, so he started to pick his way over to them.

Rachel looked up from EJ when she heard someone call their name, and turned her head slightly to see Roy coming towards them; she grinned, glad to see him up and about. Since when was he out and about? He must have recovered quite well, as he seemed to be in a pretty good mood for the most part, "Roy!'
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 pm

"Huh?" EJ looked up, peering around Rachel (as he was too short to look over her head) to see the girl's twin, "Oh, hi!" He paused, waiting up for Roy so he could catch up. Of course, being who he was, he couldn't help but go over to give him a hug once he reached them, "You seem to be feeling a lot better! That's great! Ironically, I planned on visiting you this afternoon... Guess I don't have to." He purred a little, his skinny arms wrapped around Roy's middle.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm

(....Now I can't unsee Roy getting a nightmare sometime in the future with Laura, and him getting really upset... Because feels. <\3 ;~; And because I kind of want to see Roy cry.... As messed up as that might sound. 

Roy: ...

I have to say, though, dude, you probably have some depression going on, too.... )

Smiling a little when he caught up to EJ and Rachel, Roy wasted no time returning the cat's hug. EJ seemed to be in a good mood, which calmed Roy down a little as he replied, "Yeah... I'm bettair. Steell a leettle undair ze weazair, but feeleeng a lot bettair zen I 'ave een days." He didn't mention the entire thing with visiting Chase and being informed of everything, and just said, "I also veeseeted Chase today.... 'E's doeeng bettair." 

"Zat's good." Rachel let out a sigh of relief, "I wahnt to see 'im latair today...." Knowing Chase, he was driving the healers crazy, and missed her dearly.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:21 pm

(Roy, you crying makes my heart die... </3 That's why we do it. Because we like making our hearts die...)

EJ released his friend and stepped back, smiling up at him, "That's good... We were worried about you both, so it's nice to know you're alright." He had no idea that Roy knew about the surgery for Nick, so he didn't say anything abhor also wanting to see how the fox was doing, or that he had to work on building the new prosthetic. Instead, he just looked up at Roy with that sincerely innocent look on his face-- it wasn't like he was doing anything wrong by helping poor Nick. The little cat then chuckled, "I gave Rachel a good cheering up today... Even cooked by myself for the first time." He was clearly very proud the he managed to cook something without getting upset and making the stove explode or something.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 pm

(And I think I know when it might happen... After the first battle with Julianne at the Safekeep, and Laura protects Roy. He could picture her dying, and getting really upset. ono *dies* I'msorrybabyIloveyou

Roy: ..... )

Smiling a little still, Roy raised an eyebrow, "Oh, you deed?" Roy wasn't all into cooking himself, as it just wasn't something he was good at, but it was kind of amusing to know that EJ succeeded into making something without someone's help, "Whaht'd you make?" 

"Wright's pancakes." Rachel replied, as she knew that Roy would know exactly what she was talking about, "Ezhay might teach me 'ow to make zem, too. I'm lookeeng forward to zat."
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm

(But Roy, then you can be all cuddly and get reassurance and it'll be so cute and heart-melty... </3)

"I can show both of you, or you can come over to our place and the master can teach you himself," EJ chuckled, knowing that Wright seemed to believe he was a master chef. The guy wasn't egotistical with anything but his cooking, and Grayson seemed to be trying to rival him nowadays. It was rather funny to watch, in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...(2)   Oh mai... This is new...(2) - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh mai... This is new...(2)
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kolerin Forests :: Kolerin :: Kolerin Roleplay-
Jump to: