The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

-Kolerin Character Directory-

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

-Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Yeah. XD I don't write novels spur of the moment... Short stories are more my think lately, with school and health troubles making it hard to focus on long projects. Though I do have some short story "series" that I enjoy writing.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:19 am

Anna: ...Fine. Paulette, let me help you out.

Aka she's gonna keep an eye on EJ whether Isaac wants it or not. XP

Support groups sound like a good idea! Maybe Justice and Farzana could also help them out and have like group therapy sessions?
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:29 am

Actually, I also have a question. I know the plot for the new RP, but where are our characters going to live? Redwillow is pretty much in ruin... And that was our mistake with Underground.

Also, Cay, would the deaths of a bunch of supernaturals from the civil war affect the forests that could have lead to it's deterioration? Since they're connected and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:07 am

We can't ignore the destruction... Though it isn't like bombs were dropped. It was mostly the people harmed, though some areas of civilization were destroyed. Part of Redwillow could still be standing and functional, and we could always have more than one town. *shrug*

Paulette: As long as the group therapy isn't stressful. The group is mostly to help them relax and adjust back into normal life.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

That's true... I see.

Farzana: That does sound like a good idea, but you can't just ignore the feelings that some of the members might have, and are not sure what to do with them. Tears may be shed, but it will help in the long run, Miss.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 2:56 pm

I still might challenge myself and make a map of an area we can play in. Different cool areas I come up with just because it'd be fun... XD
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
Actually, I also have a question. I know the plot for the new RP, but where are our characters going to live? Redwillow is pretty much in ruin... And that was our mistake with Underground.

Also, Cay, would the deaths of a bunch of supernaturals from the civil war affect the forests that could have lead to it's deterioration? Since they're connected and stuff?

I imagine the city probably remained untouched for the most part, anything damaged could be repaired and so things have probably been fixed up. The town though,(Redwillow) is probably still under repair.

I originally thought we were keeping Evenstell, so the highschool would probably be a different one than before since there isn't enough time for the city to rebuild it... The home town of the highschool would probably be were most families live if they aren't in the city.

And yeah, definitely! It probably be what really set it off, then other variables just piled on so it cant recover. :[
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 3:19 pm

What city, though? Like, the city part of Redwillow, or something completely new? I'm confused. owo"

Well, shit. o7o"

Would other supernaturals start to feel ill/sick/weak, even if they're not that involved with the forests?
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
What city, though? Like, the city part of Redwillow, or something completely new? I'm confused. owo"

Well, shit. o7o"

Would other supernaturals start to feel ill/sick/weak, even if they're not that involved with the forests?
Uhh I never got the impression that Redwillow had a city, I always imagined Redwillow was just a town near a city we never named. ^^''

I would think so, but probably not nearly as much. And some days they might feel better than others. (whereas it'd be more consistent with blueglow peeps)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Oh... I guess? Never thought about it like that.

I see. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm afraid I don't understand the connection between the forest and supernaturals... Is this a Kolerin 1 thing...? What does blue glow mean? XD
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 pm

She means the Blueglow forests; Lightbringer territory, back in Kolerin 1.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

*totally lost* ovo"
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I think I'll let Cay explain... owo" But Blueglow was the Lightbringer part of Kolerin, way before the DevaShrouds happened.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Oh, lol yeah the forest is split into three parts-- The lighty section was Blueglow woods, and the leafy area was shadethorn. I have NO idea what the devas part was called. I've long forgotten. XD

but yeah I thought I posted the main idea of what the plot was. it seems you haven't read it though so maybe I am mistaken, i'll go look for it
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 pm

oh, yeah, it's on the planning page.
I'll just paste it here---

I originally said Kolerin held life in balance for the entire world, which is maybe too drastic. So I was like, hey, since characters with powers are already linked to it somehow, then it could just affect them

essentially it would only affect certain supernaturals. Like the ones from Blueglow/lightbringer descent

It would degrade them over a short period of time basically. and oh, well I was thinking there would be lots of different views so that would cause conflict.  Others have reasons for 'harming' kolerin, like studying it for the better of mankind since it's so special. The question would be, who is right?

is the sacrifice of one justified for the greater good of many?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Okay... that's something I might be able to work with...

Just know that I'm not necessarily going to play along with all of the old group stuff and not going to only do things related to that canon. Pluto and I didn't join until halfway through Kolerin 2, so not only were we just not there for a lot of it, but we've also come up with a lot of our own stuff. Like the Ryan Corporation and the Sect, people who did use science related to supernatural phenomena in an attempt to do good (Ryan) or bad (Sect).

"Magical life forest" stuff is cool and all, but I like to get deeper than that, and will have EJ fiddle around with trying to experiment and explain the bizarre phenomena of the forests and supernaturals themselves. (Not to mention that none of my characters actually hail from the forests. Chase is the closest I have but he is mentioned as having been born in a city and he joined the Devas later. And he is not a supernatural by any means.)

I'd like to take some of my ideas from Evenstell and Pantheon and put them into RP, so I'm going to be doing that... I hope I'm not expected to sit idly and be happy with whatever is given to me. I go wild with ideas, and get into all the gritty details... XD "Magic" isn't enough for me, it needs substance, like having people question it, try to find out why things are the way they are through science, or turn to a religious entity. It needs to have legitimate effects on the environment and beings, like it's a biological factor, not something random that happens because we think its cool. So I'll still play around with that.

I should seriously show you Pantheon, though, Cay... It's the Kolerin book I had started writing. It's nearly 100 pages long, and I haven't touched it in a while, but maybe I'll pick it up again sometime and give it a makeover...
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Oh, no it's not just about magic. There are magical elements involved, but it's just the core of the plot idea. It's definitely not just that. xD it spreads out into different beliefs and views. No one is truly evil or good either. You are welcome to work with any ideas you may have and weave them in. I didn't think of this and decide it was all we could do, y'know?

It is a biological factor--- but at the same time it's something more. And it affects people directly. There are many things harming the forest, one because the intense research being done on it to figure out why it's so special. If tampering with it hurts certain people, but gives new knowledge that could better life in general, would you leave it alone and let it be or would you decide it is worth the risk and maybe even be responsible for killing people in the process. But you don't know exactly what the outcome would be with either of these choices, so maybe neither of them good or bad, it's simply what you believe in. Lots of stuff like that. 

But yeah when I was first throwing around ideas, I thought you didn't have any interest in contributing to the plot other than offering opinions so I made it open to other ideas just in case, but it can survive alone, also. Again, you're more than welcome to add and change anything. I came into this fully prepare to juggle everything so everyone had something to do and be involved in the plot, but it would definitely be easier and more helpful if I had someone else doing things with it as well.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Chirpingsong wrote:

Just know that I'm not necessarily going to play along with all of the old group stuff and not going to only do things related to that canon. Pluto and I didn't join until halfway through Kolerin 2, so not only were we just not there for a lot of it, but we've also come up with a lot of our own stuff. Like the Ryan Corporation and the Sect, people who did use science related to supernatural phenomena in an attempt to do good (Ryan) or bad (Sect).

Also I really didn't include a whole lot of old lore, just the forest itself and the groups/sections, that's about it. I know you guys weren't around for all that, I wouldn't make you rp blindly like that, XD besides, it's been so long none of us really remember much anyway.

I do have to say that when I made this new plot, I specifically made it so there weren't any solely good or evil sides. I wanted to make it more realistic, where everyone does both and it's about finding balance between the two and accepting you won't always be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Also, when I jumped in deciding to revamp it you specifically told me you didn't have time for it anymore. You seem to be wanting to take the plot and change it to how you would like. Which is totally fine, I just remember you were really seeming like you couldn't afford to put commitment into kolerin again. I just want to remind you that if you do start changing the plot and adding super important details, that we are going to rely on you for advances because you made it. And if you decide you're not feeling it again, that's not really fair to the rest of us, you know? I guess what i'm trying to say is, don't invest in so much if you wont have time in the long run... I know you're sick and don't have much to do right now, so maybe you are forgetting how busy you are usually?
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:18 pm

And don't take any of this harshly, I'm just trying to be honest and get my thoughts across. ^^' I'm just not totally sure were you stand--  I feel like you've kind of switched views on me like three times lol XD

Last edited by Cay on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Yeah... I kind of agree with what Cay is saying here.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:21 pm

I think what bugs me is the lack of details on this supposed studying. What actions are hurting the forest? Who is actually doing this research? What are their intentions? Why does the forest affect these certain individuals, and how? Why do they think the forest can better lives? I've noticed nothing that makes the forest special, except it has some magical properties, but they've never exactly stood out as "learning about this will better lives." Do the researchers have any idea that this is hurting people? How long has this been happening?

A civil war just ended, and it was based on the people, not the forest itself... It is reasonable that this idea branches off from questions involving the causes of the Sect's war. Perhaps the research started because Kolerin has always had a much higher population of supernatural individuals than anywhere in the world? So they believe the environment has an effect. There has to be some sort of reason for this all to start, and it kinda feels like there isn't any right now... Maybe I don't get it because I wasn't here for this part of Kolerin.

I think it could be a good plot point to bring in very gradually, so we can work out details. It feels like there are a lot of holes, and as none of mine nor Pluto's characters are personally tied to the forest, we'll need time to figure out how to be involved and definitely make new characters...

(And the Sect wasn't purely evil, even if they seem like it, which is better explained in Pantheon. They weren't bad for the sake of being bad, but were trying to "cure" supernaturals to make the world a better place, in their minds. When met with resistance, they turned to brute force and caused a lot of destruction. But the founder of the organization had nearly been killed by supernaturals in her youth, and she believed no mortal being should possess those powers. Some supernaturals even sided with her in hopes of being cured because they could not control their painful abilities, harming loved ones or themselves by accident. Sort of like the X-Men seeking a cure. XD So the idea of no "pure good" and "pure evil" is not what is on my mind, that is kind of expected.)

(Also, keep in mind that there is no "boss" of the group. All members have equal standing, even if one person comes up with more ideas than another. Trying to take on too much responsibility just makes a mess... trust me on that one, since it happened to me. I'm still struggling a bit with it. I don't want you to "juggle everything," just contribute. We all should contribute. Asking any more than that is too much on anyone. We should all be within our own power to come up with ideas and include ourselves. If we can't, than we're being too reliant on someone else and not actually being creative in a group that is all about creativity.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:22 pm

I just feel really lost and confused, is all, since I have no idea how any of this came to be...
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Chirpingsong wrote:
I think what bugs me is the lack of details on this supposed studying. What actions are hurting the forest? Who is actually doing this research? What are their intentions? Why does the forest affect these certain individuals, and how? Why do they think the forest can better lives? I've noticed nothing that makes the forest special, except it has some magical properties, but they've never exactly stood out as "learning about this will better lives." Do the researchers have any idea that this is hurting people? How long has this been happening?

A civil war just ended, and it was based on the people, not the forest itself... It is reasonable that this idea branches off from questions involving the causes of the Sect's war. Perhaps the research started because Kolerin has always had a much higher population of supernatural individuals than anywhere in the world? So they believe the environment has an effect. There has to be some sort of reason for this all to start, and it kinda feels like there isn't any right now... Maybe I don't get it because I wasn't here for this part of Kolerin.

I think it could be a good plot point to bring in very gradually, so we can work out details. It feels like there are a lot of holes, and as none of mine nor Pluto's characters are personally tied to the forest, we'll need time to figure out how to be involved and definitely make new characters...

(And the Sect wasn't purely evil, even if they seem like it, which is better explained in Pantheon. They weren't bad for the sake of being bad, but were trying to "cure" supernaturals to make the world a better place, in their minds. When met with resistance, they turned to brute force and caused a lot of destruction. But the founder of the organization had nearly been killed by supernaturals in her youth, and she believed no mortal being should possess those powers. Some supernaturals even sided with her in hopes of being cured because they could not control their painful abilities, harming loved ones or themselves by accident. Sort of like the X-Men seeking a cure. XD So the idea of no "pure good" and "pure evil" is not what is on my mind, that is kind of expected.)

(Also, keep in mind that there is no "boss" of the group. All members have equal standing, even if one person comes up with more ideas than another. Trying to take on too much responsibility just makes a mess... trust me on that one, since it happened to me. I'm still struggling a bit with it. I don't want you to "juggle everything," just contribute. We all should contribute. Asking any more than that is too much on anyone. We should all be within our own power to come up with ideas and include ourselves. If we can't, than we're being too reliant on someone else and not actually being creative in a group that is all about creativity.)

It's a mystery, basically. And it's about solving it. XD you're supposed to want to know more! But I can give more details if we need it, it's just that no one has really asked.

Also I never thought there was a boss of the group, but sometimes one person has more time than others to organize things. I know everyone is of equal standing xD i'm sorry if it seems like that isn't the case? I've been encouraging people to contribute. XDDD it's just that some people would rather come up with sideplots than main ones. I would love to hear suggestion to improve the current idea, and I made it knowing eventually other people would add on to it. There's a reason why not everything is right there, you guys are supposed to add when you want to. XD

But it does seem like you want to organize the whole main plot, which I think you may find you dont have time for because you've said so many times...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Kolerin Character Directory-   -Kolerin Character Directory- - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-Kolerin Character Directory-
Page 7 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next