The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

TKF: Revelations

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

TKF: Revelations Empty
PostSubject: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Introduction:

Spring has come to the Kolerin Forests, signaling the end of the harsh winter and the Sect's reign alike. As the frost melts and the sun warms the earth, grass shoots carpet the ground and flower buds appear on the trees. The refugees and wanderers that called Kolerin their home were able to emerge from their hiding places and reclaim the few villages and towns still standing, joining together in reconstruction efforts to clear away debris and repair damaged buildings they could then call home.

The world has been reborn in more ways than one, and for the first time in two years, Kolerin feels like home again.

But though the Sect and its leader are gone for good, not all is perfect. Loved ones were lost, families torn apart, and scars earned. And while everyone is trying to put their lives back together after such a catastrophe, the world has turned their attention on the Kolerin wilderness, wanting to know more about it. Not only about the Sect's catastrophe, but about the strange phenomena that may have played a part in the conflict. Why did the Kolerin Forests have so many more supernaturals than other countries? Why did the forest itself has such strange properties? What were the origins of the many strange beasts, plants, and peoples from the area? What had become of the tribes?

Thus, in the midst of reconstruction and an attempt to refind normalcy, the residents of Kolerin find themselves with strangers coming to the area. Scientists and researchers, all coming to investigate the strangeness of the Kolerin wilderness, but will their curiosity be harmless, or come at a cost...?

Basic Idea:

- Aside from personal plots, which are very strongly encouraged, there is also an overall theme.

- Researchers come to investigate stuffs about the forest. Largely about medicinal properties of trees (that also make some kids high) and strange supernatural phenomena occurring in the forest itself. Their research may result in damage done to the forest, and the various tribes and townspeople steadily losing their homes, so that is where the conflict shall be.

- Characters are trying to rebuild their lives at this point. Maybe 3 months or so have passed since Doomsday's ending, so they're all back in Redwillow and decently settled, but have to start from scratch. Homes, jobs, trying to find lost family and friends, etc.

- Cay's characters have simply been "missing" this whole time and have returned to Redwillow like the rest of them. I'm sure we'll learn more about that from her.

- Evenstell still exists, and is a place, but is not the main setting. Perhaps they are sort of lowkey supplying assistance to the rebuilding efforts and stuff, giving them building supplies and sending crews to make new houses and such. They're kinda in the background for now.

~ Remember that if you have huge ideas, share them! This is just a sort of basic idea, everything else is left up to us being spontaneous and crazy like always. Have funnnnn.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:50 pm

(*make intro* ouo)

Lance had made something for himself and for the rest of his family. It wasn't much, a rather expansive amount of property and currently homes were being built on them. The vulpine had been pushing himself a bit but not in his usual way. His mind had been stretched a bit thin as he sat in a hanger near the local airport. Thanks to the cold of the winter, in addition to the Sect attack three months ago that plunged the country into a world of kill or be killed, almost all of the airport's support equipment had been worn down. Some of it survived. Some of it still worked and was being used by just about every aircraft at once. Generators had to be moded so they could support two aircraft at once while Lance and his co-workers moved to troubleshoot and fix the units that were broken.

At the moment, he was racking his brain once again. The unit he was working on wouldn't build up a load for the aircraft coming in. Sure a plane could run APUs while on the ground but that burned precious fuel on the plane itself, a resource Redwillow and Kolerin in general had very little of. These things had to get fixed fast, as their engines were much more fuel efficient. He sighed setting his laptop down which had the schematic pulled up, he almost wished a certain cat was here for help, technopathy certainly would've been handy right now. He shook his head, throwing out that though. EJ was a kid! He had family and his own issues to deal with. Being put to work was not the way to deal with whatever it was he had to deal with, which the fox could only dare to imagine that. For someone his age EJ had been to hell and back multiple times already. There was no sense in putting him to work.

Regardless that kid's power sure would help troubleshoot this generator.

Fed up, Lance stood and started pacing around, pushing his already exhausted brain to its absolute limit and passed it.

“Wait a minute...” he muttered then facepalmed, “I'm an idiot...”

He opened a door on the side where two holes, one red one black, sat on the control panel. This was a test point for the actual generator, which was connected to a diesel engine. He pulled out a multimeter and placed the two ends in the test point. The meter read 0. He nodded and started it. His eyes stayed on the meter as he flipped a switch. The meter still read 0.

“Okay there's my problem.”

He shut the unit down and looked over his shoulder. No one was watching. He set a hand to a large cylinder like structure feeling out the coils inside with his magnetism. There was nothing, not even residual.

“Alright!” he said smiling and pulled his laptop again, “This one needs new magnetic pick-ups...”

He quickly ordered the parts required. The vulpine even went so far as to change their priority. Instead of taking a few days they would have at most, three hours to get here. The beauty of the MICAP system…

He then went to work starting up the next unit and beginning the process all over again.

~

Jonah had elected to search the old apartment complexes for a place for himself and Roxy to stay. It would've worked had it not been for the fact that nearly every complex had been condemned. So they resorted to plan B. Unfortunately plan B involved moving in with Lance, and watching as one of the richest men in all of Kolerin revert all the way back to where he started. Lance's property at the moment only had a few FEMA trailers on it. One for Lance himself. One for Zero and Evey. One for himself and Roxy and the last one was just kinda there. Who was going to live there? Jonah then remembered the last member of Lance's “family”. Umbra. The serial killer who was facing life in prison and even execution. He'd supposedly pleaded insanity and the courts were still looking into it. The guy hadn't been back in the passed few months, instead being kept in solitary confinement until a verdict was reached. A thought occurred to the wolf, were it not for the fact that Julianne was the enemy of the state and the one responsible for this disaster, Lance would be in the same spot. He should've been too but again, they were Sect soldiers. Did that make it right? Of course not. Unfortunately, desperate times called for desperate measures.

(Got my charries set up for now. Might post more later but we'll just wait and see.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 pm

"Jonah, you're making that face again." Roxy said, not liking the reserved, concentrated face that the cyborg was making. He had been very quiet since they moved in with Lance, and she didn't like it at all. It wasn't like him. She still showed some lingering soreness from the final battle against the Sect when she moved over to him. "We'll be okay." However, Roxy had a similar thought. Jonah was once a Sect soldier, and an illegal cyborg. That would put a strain on them trying to assimilate back into society. It wasn't going to be easy, but Roxy wasn't about to give up just yet.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:48 pm

"...?" Jonah gave her a little hug, "I'm alright. Just thinking is all. You know? Where do I want to set up shop and stuff like that."

The illegal cyborg bit hadn't even crossed his mind.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Roxy decided to not push it, and went to sit next to the cyborg. "I've been thinking of that a little, too... Most of the main square in Redwillow is pretty beat up right now. Maybe wait on it until things have cleared up? It's kinda hard to decide now..."
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:01 pm

"Very true." he said, "Also I've been thinking about what you're going to do? At least until we get our lives set back up? You know for I suppose work? I've been kinda looking around lately for it."
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Roxy shrugged. "I dunno... I haven't really specialized in anything, like you have, so I'm really not sure."
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:35 pm

"Guess we'll just figure that out when we come to it. Right now it's probably best that we just chill out and try to find some sense of normalcy. Know what I mean?"

He stole a kiss off of her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Roxy smirked, letting out an amused breath through her nose, "Sounds like a plan. Anything you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:23 pm

(SEX
sorry I had to 
um
pretend I wasn't here)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 pm

(Damn it, Cay! Too soon! XD

Jonah: o///////o

Gwen's not going to be a thing yet.)
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:50 pm

(Too soon?! xD y'all are living together but haven't even had sex yet??? BLASPHEMY XD)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:52 pm

(Roxy: Well... I'm not saying we haven't had sex yet, but Gwen's not on our 'to do' list yet. :3c)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 pm

(Jonah: o.o I never said that...)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:57 pm

(Roxy: Man, I can barely take care of a plant, let alone a baby.)
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:00 pm

(Oh, I thought you mean't you never had sex. XD CARRY ON, CITIZENS. )
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 am

Blueleaf wrote:
Roxy smirked, letting out an amused breath through her nose, "Sounds like a plan. Anything you have in mind?"

"Um..." he dropped back into thought, "Gods what is there to do around here that doesn't involve job hunting or rebuilding the city...?"

A thought crept into his mind and instantly he got flustered, his face turning a subtle red.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:33 am

Roxy smirked again, almost laughing at Jonah's subtle red face. "I see something has, um, come to mind, huh?"

(*faint ba-dum-tss in the background*)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 pm

(*sees above conversation* Meanwhile, Evey has a toddler and is preggers.)

(Okay, gonna give you all an empty restaurant to fill. XD)

While some people were having awkward conversations, others were already on top of their life-rebuilding. Paulette had moved her family into a nice little house, and acquired a small business space that had become the Bell Tower Cafe, which was now her primary mode of income and what kept her busy throughout the day. The white feline did like the modest little space, with its dark hardwood floors, the long bar counter, the white-painted walls and paneling details on the bar. Simple wooden tables and chairs were set up in the dining area, and off to the right was a small portion of the building set aside as a sort of bookstore. Some shelves were set up with whatever books she could scrounge up at the time, each one a luxury after books became a bottom priority, what with a war going on. Now, however, she could afford to sit down during quiet hours and flip through the pages of a cheesy romance novel, and it was nice.

At the moment, though, Paulette was back in the kitchen, slicing some tomatoes. They would be getting a small lunch rush before long, and she wanted to be prepared to deliver on the BLT's that would likely be ordered. Bacon was already sizzling on the flat top stove.

Laura, her daughter, was the one at the counter at the moment. She was standing up on a footstool so she could actually see customers over the tall counter and the cash register sitting there, her long tail swishing behind her as she relaxed and waited for someone to come in. The girl was, of course, Paulette's first employee, and it was at times like this that she was glad Laura tended to dress nicely without complaint. She had on some denim capri pants and a white-and-blue striped button-up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and top buttons undone to show just a little bit of the white camisole she wore underneath. Her fluffy brown hair was pulled back with some barrettes to keep it out of her face, but still hung down her back -- she never did like to pull it up.

Nani, Laura's best friend, was also there. The ocelot was sweeping the floor, happily humming as she swished the broom back and forth. She was ever pleased to do simple tasks like that, seeming to be generally content with her lot in life... her personality was infectious, lighting up any room she was in. That was what made her a good employee, too, even if she seemed to think it was fine to show up to work in a kitchen while wearing a bright yellow sundress printed with daisies. It wasn't very practical, but at least she had put on an apron over it.

Bored, flopped in a bean-bag chair by the bookshelves, Celeste skimmed through the pages of an adventure novel. The deaf girl was Paulette's younger daughter, and had wanted to go out with her friend EJ since it was a nice day, but there was something about Isaac keeping him busy that morning... Hopefully they would stop by soon, before Celeste was bored out of her mind or EJ was driven nuts.

Turning away from her tomato-chopping, Paulette washed off her hands and picked up a tray containing a freshly baked loaf of banana bread. She brought it out to the counter and set it into the glass display case, then gave Laura a peck on the cheek. "We'll get some customers. We have dear friends we can always rely on."

Laura cracked a smile, tilting her head. "Mm-hmm. Hopefully we'll actually get some that aren't people we know. I don't think that's happened yet."

Paulette chuckled and shook her head, making her curly white hair bounce. "Eventually..."
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:09 pm

(OH MY GOD
that post is huge
*eagerly reads every last bit of it*

hmmm now to think of who to throw in there....)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:10 pm

(Starting posts deserve to be big and set the scene properly. XD Wanted to give you guys a bit of a mental picture of things.)
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 pm

(Yes! I appreciate that. XD
Btw, would the diner have wifi? Might give Libby a reason to pop in. XD)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 pm

(I'm tempted to go raffle style and see who I pick. XD But I kinda wanna do either Roy or Maggy, since Mags is new.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

(I'm tempted to go raffle style and see who I pick. XD But I kinda wanna do either Roy or Maggy, since Mags is new.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TKF: Revelations   TKF: Revelations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TKF: Revelations
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kolerin Forests :: Kolerin :: Kolerin Roleplay-
Jump to: